Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Trip to the Hospital

Ok, I am going to tell you about my trip to the hospital. My Mom was going to do it but since I was the one that went through it I figured I knew better than her. So, I had my left kidney removed. It doesnt work at all, which doesnt make the right one very happy because it has to do twice the work. Anyway, they give me a little outfit to wear into surgery.
It was a LITTLE BIG!
I had some family there with me and lots of family waiting by the
phones to hear how it was going. Doesnt it look like I have a cast on my arm!? Well, I didnt care much for my IV so the had to really strap it to my arm so I didnt pull it out. Mom took this picture because it was one of few moments that I was awake afterward. Pain medicine really makes me sleepy! Good morning, it is Tuesday morning and I am feeling much better. I am so glad that Mommy and Daddy brought Mr. Monkey with them. He is one of my best friends. My other best friend Elly had to stay at home.
My Mom said that all the nurses were suprised at how happy I was.
It took a little while for them to get it together and let us go home so Mom at
least sprung me from my crib!
Finally! They came to let us go. I was so happy to get that IV off me.
We are out of here!
Thanks to everyone for your prayers on my behalf!

6 comments:

Becky said...

I am so happy to hear that everything went well! What a scary thing to have to deal with. I will keep praying for him.

Emily said...

Glad things went well Heather, he is such a cute little guy! I love LOVE his hair!

Crystal said...

I'm so glad everything went well. Hooray!

Tamara said...

Thank heavens. I'm so relieved that it went so well! What a tough little guy you've got there. We're so happy for you.

Ku'ulei said...

Poor little dude... I hate seeing little kids in hospitals!! I'm glad everything went well and that you had lots of support! You all are in our prayers. I hope recovery continues to go well. :)

-Laura- said...

I'm so glad it went so smoothly! I was thinking of you guys all day yesterday as I sat at Med. Center of Dallas waiting for Spencer's test to finish.

I can't believe all those smiles after just having surgery yesterday! What a cutie!