Saturday, January 13, 2007

Utah/Idaho Trip


We took a trip to Utah to take Brittany and Stephanie back to school. There was so much traffic on the way up there due to snow that it took 30 hrs to make a 20 hr trip. At three different times we were at a dead stop and got out of the cars to stretch. There were people making snowmen on the side of the rode.





We also got to see the Rexburg, ID temple. It isn't done but it is getting really close. There was a ton of snow everywhere.

Snow in the mountains has to be one the most beautiful things I have ever seen. When were driving from Idaho down to Provo I had to take pictures of the mountains. I think it looks like a postcard.

Then, on our way back to Provo we stopped at Temple Square. Now that IS the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen. I have seen it without the snow but I think it is even prettier snow covered.





On Saturday we got to go to a BYU basketball game. It was alot of fun. Elly really got into it. She would watch so intently and then start clapping.





It started snowing really hard at one point so Me and Britt went out and tried to eat it. (I have always wanted to do that)

It was really cold but we had so much fun!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like you had a great time, I am so jealous of the snow, it's been years since I have been in deep snow!

-Laura- said...

I'm jealous of the snow too! I LOVE Utah in the winter and all that snow! That's one of the things I miss most about living there! Looks like you guys had a fun time, despite the traffic. (That looks terrible!) Glad you're back safe and sound! Janelle was so ecstatic to find out you were her new primary teacher!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip! However, I am not a fan of the snow!!

Anonymous said...

oh i wish i could have been there for the last couple... too much fun and too cute. definitely a proud aunt right here kids.