I know that the normal thing to say is..."I am so sad that my little girl is growing up." However, that is not how I feel. I am so happy she is growing up! Allow me to explain...
When we realized the extent of Jake's delayed development we knew that it would be awhile before he "caught up". I will admit that I was worried about Elly. I was afraid that she would not want to play with him, help him, or try talk to him much. But that is NOT the case. She is always willing to help him and is patient with him. I dont worry about leaving them with a babysitter because she is the best at understanding what he is saying. She even tries to teach him how to say things the right way. Most importantly, she sticks up for him. Telling other kids things like...."My brother is not a baby, he is a big boy." and "If you wont let my brother play with us than I am going to go play with him instead."
The road we have been down with Jake hasnt been easy. But my little angel has made that road easier because of her attitude toward her brother. I am happy she is growing up because of the love that she has for her brother. And because of that Jake loves her so much, and that is priceless! I dont think she will ever understand how proud of her I am!

2 comments:
Oh my gosh Heather, that was wonderful. And I agree with every thing you said. Elly is absolutely amazing with Jakey. She made sure I knew that tonight she was having Lyrik over for a sleepover with her AND JAKEY!!! I love those kids so much.
Amen! She is one patient, amazing little girl. The Lord knew what he was doing giving you her then Jakey.
Post a Comment